Re: opportunity for Linux to manage calendar and contacts for Windows network

Subject: Re: opportunity for Linux to manage calendar and contacts for Windows network
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 16:00:53 AKDT

> I have a client with NT Server 4.0 and about 20 workstations
> running NT workstation and Win2000 Pro. All of their company
> email is managed by MTAOnline with no problems.
>
> They would like a centralized place to access a company
> wide calendar and contacts database. My client has been
> asking me about Exchange Server. I just checked pricing
> from MS and its $699 for Exchange 2000 Server. I think this
> would be way overkill for what they need and they are open
> to try something different to save money.

Don't forget about the CALs you need to buy, as well. Just buying the server
doesn't give you the right to serve to any amount of clients. . .

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto