Re: file size limit

Subject: Re: file size limit
From: James McMorris (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 13:30:24 AKDT

Per this doc on Microsoft's site the answer is 4GB:
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/hardware/fatgen.asp

-The maximumallowed file size on a FAT volume is 0xFFFFFFFF
(4,294,967,295) bytes.
-Similarly, a FAT file system driver must not allow a directory (a file
that is actually a container for other files) to be larger than 65,536
* 32 (2,097,152) bytes.

Time to use NTFS?

-Buddha