Re: Marital problems with my laptop

Subject: Re: Marital problems with my laptop
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 06:59:39 AKDT

IIRC, this would be bdflush and kswapd. being in kernel-space you CAN'T
stop them per se.. I'm late for class or I would go pull up some more
info, but what you want to do is disable all swap partitions, and change
how often the system syncs data to disk.. say once an hour or so, or only
when you manually run 'sync'.

James Gibson