Re: JRE for Linux and $PATH

Subject: Re: JRE for Linux and $PATH
From: Cisco (shootseabass@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 18:31:13 AKDT

Ok I found it. In case anyone else was wondering how to "fix" this: In Suse 8.0 the scripts that
set the Java paths upon startup is in /etc/profile.d/alljava.sh and /etc/profile.d/alljava.csh
There is some fancy if/else coding in there that tries to figure out the paths to the Java
runtime, so I just commented out all of that and set the correct paths directly in those files.
Now when I do java -version, I get "java version 1.4.0".

- Cisco