Re: JRE for Linux and $PATH

Subject: Re: JRE for Linux and $PATH
From: Cisco (shootseabass@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 16:49:05 AKDT

--- Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org> wrote:

> Where do I go to get the JRE 1.4 for Linux? I went to the Sun site, but
> ended up getting into the developer section.
>
> Anyone want to help me find the correct link?

Their site has never been a marvel of intuitiveness:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

On a slightly different topic, on my Suse 8.0 installation, it installed Java 1.1.8, although on
the box (or on their site) it says it comes with Java 2 (ie java 1.2). So I installed the latest
java but the path still points to the older version. Where is the config file that specifies the
path to Java on startup?

- Cisco Serret