Re: reviving old computers

Subject: Re: reviving old computers
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 01:15:38 AKDT

I would agree on points 1 - 3 on the hardware, but I think a 15 in.
monitor is still acceptable for a minimal system.

On the software. I agree with the gui and Konqerer is a good lightweight
browser, but isn't KDE somewhat more resouce intensive than gnome
overall?

I would suggest WindowMaker or one of the others, but If you want to use
one of the more popular and more newbie friendly browsers and email
clients ... You wind-up putting in so much of the Gnome or KDE libraries
that you might as well use one of them anyway.

Jim Gribbin