Re: lilo dilemma

Subject: Re: lilo dilemma
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 17:16:34 AKDT

Thanks.

The bios is AMIBIOS by megatrends. Their beep code list identifies 1 beep
as a refresh failure, which they say is a fatal error. The docs say to
reseat the memory and if that fails try new memory. That seems very strange
given that I can boot up with a floppy. Although that might explain why
mandrake wouldn't install at all. My mandrake install ended with an error
about not enough memory. Duh. Guess I should have paid a little more
attention eh?

While I'm wasting everyone's time, anyone have some good links for upgrading
a rh 7.0 box to the latest greatest version?

Chris.