Re: listing files without ls

Subject: Re: listing files without ls
From: Richard Mckinney (mckinney@gci.net)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 14:25:00 AKDT

We ran across this situation once at one of the friday night lab
sessions. It was on a smoothwall box. It is amazing how they have
changed that distro to the point of having nothing resembling standard
utilities avaiable. No ls, no cat, awk, grep, vi etc...
I think all that was available was an sh prompt.
James (trust school is going well) came up with a script, out of his
head from years before, that did it. Wish I could remember it now.
Hats off to the shell masters.

Rich