RE: a few dumb questions

Subject: RE: a few dumb questions
From: KURT BRENDGARD (brendgard@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 12:27:40 AKDT

first. i wasnt meaning to start a flame war.

second. i dont place the blame on the it dept of the
asd. i place it on the bureacracy. they seem to forget
that they are our employees. it is our business as
long as they work for us. the kids in the asd are not
the asd kids they belong to the parents. that alone
makes it the publics business. as long as we write the
paychecks how they do it is our business and if they
forget it we the public have the right thru the voting
process to fire them. and we also have the right to
tell them how we want it done. thats part of being the
employer.

third. anybody out there claim that i think that linux
is the only or even the best solution to every
problem? actualy im sprised i havent drawn more flame
from some of the things ive posted. as each day passes
im less and less microsoft friendly, but i am not
rabidly linux either. i want them to expose the kids
to linux so they have the tools for work. there are
more unix servers in the world than nt. some have this
idea that we need to turn over all control to the
government and they will take care of us. wrong. if we
refuse to teach them all they need to know, they will
not have the ability to keep this country strong
economicaly or otherwise. im not saying push linux or
any os down their throats, im saying give exposure. if
the asd thinks that they know best how to raise our
kids, i say its time to take a close look at the asd
and think obout overhauling it. the kids dont belong
to the asd. the asd is not the boss, we are. it is our
business as long as they work for us.

as long as it is a government of the people, by the
people and for the people tho, it is our business how,
and when, they do what we hire them to do. especialy
when it comes to our kids. this is one reason im a
firm believer in home schooling if parents can afford
it. the asd seems to think that the employee is in
charge not the employer. this is the same governmetal
mentality that thinks that we should do away with such
things as linux. its "for your own good". how can we
fight this bill in congress that would kill linux and
other gnu software but alow the government to dictate
to us in other areas its unaceptable because they say
so? let me decide whats good for me and mine, not you.

ok im done ranting. flame all you want. im gonna try
and back outa it. i didnt mean to start a flame war :P
sorry peeps