Re: [Fwd: [luau] A Mission For Luau]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: [luau] A Mission For Luau]
From: James McMorris (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 10:46:09 AKDT

My thoughts:
-I saw the news story too. They said there we a total 8700 machines
district-wide. Even at 5% penetration, that's alot of work for
volunteers. Both deploying and maintaining...even if you use Norton
Ghost or something similar.
-Schools have alot of Macs...what percentage of the list recipients
feel proficent on a Mac. I only touched one once and that was at
Kinkos.
-I saw a TechTV news piece last year on this place in Oakland...very
impressive. They have more machines than they know what to do with. I
posed this question to the list last year inquiring if there were any
organization that refubished machines to give to non-profits in our
area. All responses were "No".

-Jim "Buddha" McMorris