RE: non-x86 Slack

Subject: RE: non-x86 Slack
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 15:18:48 AKDT

> my laptops are mandrake as well -- I tried redhat on them, but had
> so many problems with the redhat installer that I gave up, wiped,
> and went back to mdk.

I'm running a homebrew distro on my Toshiba laptop, myself. Hey, has anyone
tried installing Linux on a Sparc Tadpole laptop?

> On my Sparc, I run SuSE. It's the only decent distro out there --
> and although I don't like some of the differences (could they have
> strayed even *further* from the sysV 'norms' ? ) it's a solid distro
> and has little problems. My sparc has yet to hiccup under load or
> attack, and I've done all kinds of krazy things to try and bring it down..

So, it looks like within AKLUG we've only got four architectures running
Linux (x86, Sparc, Alpha, PPC?)? For those with older Cobalt Qubes/Raqs, we
could also claim MIPS, I guess. ;-)

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto