re: Sound Error downdate

Subject: re: Sound Error downdate
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 19:20:35 AKDT

> RH 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10 Toshiba laptop, maestro card
>
> Bummer. I guess the aRts is the sound server for the
> KDE system. My apps produce noise, but the system does
> not. No groovy startup wav file, no alert bells and
> whistles. So while I got rid of the recurrent error, I
> guess I have not solved the ultimate problem; KDE's
> apparent inability to deal with a maestro sound card.
> Actually I think that may be incorrect, as Gribbon
> pointed out, it might be the kernel builds inability
> to deal, because, while I don't get the 'cpu overload'
> error in gnome, I still don't get the system sounds,
> though the games and what-not make noise when
> requested. I'll keep on it when i have time and post
> anything I come up with.........

I've got a Toshiba Satellite with the Maestro 2E that works just fine. The
only thing I haven't gotten to work is MIDI. Send me your kernel rev, etc.,
and we'll figure it out.

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto