Re: Fonts Again!

Subject: Re: Fonts Again!
From: Christopher Swingley (cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 10:10:37 AKDT

Nathan,

* Nathan Fortner <nmf12@gci.net> [2002-Apr-10 10:50 AKDT]:
> I am havng trouble getting some fonts to work....I install a program
> called msttcorefonts for my debian boxen.

If you are running XFree86 4.1, all you need to do is add:

        FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"

to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 in the "Files" Section.

I usually install gtkfontsel also. It'll let you see if the new fonts
you installed are there and give you a little preview. xlsfonts on the
command line will show you all of them.

FYI, if you're running sid, install the latest mozilla-browser and
mozilla-psm and you'll get anti-aliased TrueType support in your
web broswer. Pretty slick.

Chris

--
Christopher S. Swingley           phone: 907-474-2689
Computer Systems Manager          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu