Re: Sound Error

Subject: Re: Sound Error
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 00:47:45 AKDT

I found that info by running a google search on the error message. I
tried it again and I don't seem to be able to find the same one again,
but several similar. Looking at the messages posted about it, it seems
to be something to do with the combination of KDE, kernel version, and
APIC. But I didn't find any cures. Also saw messages tied to Debian and
Mandrake, so it doesn't appear to be distro specific.

My original reply follows:

Are you by any chance running the updated RH7.2 kernel 2.4.9. I ran a
google search on the error message and found some mention. Seems to be
tied to 'artsd' (controls access to the sound system) and the APIC's
power management features. If you have upgraded the kernel, you might
try backing off to the original and see if this takes care of it.