GCI and abusers

Subject: GCI and abusers
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:50:55 AKDT

Anyone know why GCI would want to consistently block known bandwidth
abusers? We are getting traffic from a few websites from a company called
dynamic pipe....the IP addresses that are being used are:

216.130.214.4
216.130.214.5
216.130.214.6

They are trying to send traffic to non-existent ports on our servers. I
have talked with GCI and they have temporarily stopped the traffic, however
each day the traffic returns.

I would think this kind of abuse would bother them because it affects all of
their users (at least the ones in my segment).

I have tried to get in touch with the dynamic pipe people without too much
luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Mike