Re: debian install: partition question

Subject: Re: debian install: partition question
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 12:15:08 AKST

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 11:12, FeLoNiouS MoNK wrote:
> quick question .. i am creating partitions for my new install and i was wondering .. in debian if i had to make a seperate /boot partition (16MB) like i had to in RH?

Separatepartitions for /home & /usr/local/ is a good idea.I have a
/usr/local & a /home on a separate hard drive for safe keepig. Debian is
a little different than some others in that it does not use /opt and
/usr/local is a good place to store non-system software, applications
you might want to keep from install to install.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part