old sendmail exploit...

Subject: old sendmail exploit...
From: FeLoNiouS MoNK (codered@gci.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 09:20:49 AKST

sup all .. gotta question for you guru's .. for all those who know the old sendmail sploit.. the one where you telnet into somones open port 25 .. and send mail to the local host and on older systems, send mail to ANYONE using a fake sender address..... .. i dont want to really explain it incase some people dont know the trick .. anywayz.. is there a way of combating this sploit? all the guys i know .. just kill the sendmail all together but i want to actually use the mail wit my debian system im bringing up "hopefully today"... no one as of yet has given me a satisfactory answer yet.. just thank goodness it doesnt allow you to mail out of hte computer on new versions of sendmail.. anywayz thanx in advance for the help....
FeLo MoNK
-----I have 4 computers.. two linux boxes, a fBSD laptop and your windows box!------