apt for all

Subject: apt for all
From: W.D. McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 09:29:37 AKST

I know all the Debian folks like the "apt" app to no end,
and it's with pleasure I can send this to other Linux version users
who want to use this. I have been asked about this previously.

Apt-Get is a package management system that is used on debian linux
systems. It has the ability, unlike RPM, to connect to a server and
d'load the package you are looking for as well as any/all dependencies
required, all with one command, and all automagically of course. It
works only if the ftp server is setup in the required 'repository'
fashion. Until recently it has been only available for the debian based
linux', but a couple bright souls decided to port it to RPM based
systems as well. Works like a charm for me.

Check it out at www.apt4rpm.sourceforge.net

/Dee

W.D.McKinney (Dee)
907-349-4308 Office