Re: file transfer times

Subject: Re: file transfer times
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 15:21:50 AKST

I had a problem like this on a home network (but even worse, actually).
Turned out to be a bad cable. It had a good enough line to send ACK's, but
not to send data. I dropped the connect speed down to 10MB, and everything
worked fine. I'll replace the line someday, I'm sure, but it works for now.

Don't know if this is your problem, but it's worth a shot.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks