Re: debian question

Subject: Re: debian question
From: Craig Callender (craigc@corith.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 16:52:05 AKST

I use slackware (I'm recently installing Gentoo, giving it a try) and the
difference is really where it places files and maintenence. I liked
Debian's Apt tool, all of slackware you have to compile the stuff
yourself. Self compiliation makes for a faster system, as everything is
compiled for your system (if you know a few tricks, you can make it even
faster). Might want to check out Gentoo also (http://www.gentoo.org),
from my experience, it's a slackian (slackware and debian) *grin*.

-- Craig C.