Re: new problem

Subject: Re: new problem
From: Craig Callender (craigc@corith.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 14:34:04 AKST

Make it so their home directory is only owned by them, and that /home is
owned by root:root and is chmod(ed) 600.

-- Craig C.

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:06:15 -0900
From: Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org>
To: "'aklug@aklug.org'" <aklug@aklug.org>
Subject: new problem

I have a new problem now...how do I restrict a user that is using this tool,
or any other sftp type tool to a certain directory? Is that a setup thing
on the ssh server side?

Mike

        In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and
null, and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of
IBM was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there
be registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they
carried; and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called
the data Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was
evening and there was morning, one interrupt.
                -- Rico Tudor, "The Story of Creation or, The Myth of Urk"