Re: there is a new battlefield folks

Subject: Re: there is a new battlefield folks
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 14:22:16 AKST

> This is a bunch of fascist BS and I think we need to send a message
> to OUR Senator that this type of legislation is an abomination and
> to have him support, let alone SPONSOR such a piece of trash is
> unacceptable. We should write an official letter from the Alaska
> Linux Users Group protesting this nonsense.
>
> Common... who's with me? The very future of this boards existence
> is in jeopardy. You may think I'm nuts but this is EXACTLY how the
> DMCA came into being by people not taking it serious enough, or
> saying "that'll never pass," yet it did. If we don't do something
> to stop this now, we may one day regret it.

I think this is an excellent idea, as long as no one has a beef with this
slight political intervention. Getting a petition signed and delivered (even
an electronic version) would be great, and if we can tap some of the
excellent oratorical skills of the group, we could make a compelling argument
to stop this kind of nonsense.

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto