RE: there is a new battlefield folks

Subject: RE: there is a new battlefield folks
From: William F. Fulton (fulton@gci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 23:50:03 AKST

The text is out
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/cbdtpa/hollings.s2048.032102.html

-----Original Message-----
From: James Zuelow [mailto:e5z8652@zuelow.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:48 PM
To: William F. Fulton
Cc: aklug@aklug.org

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, William F. Fulton wrote:

> So what do we do now?????????

Well, write letters. Letters to the Hon. Sen. Stevens of course, but
don't forget the editor of your local paper. (Wait until the actual text
of the bill is out first, and read it. Then type your letter. Wait a
day, read your letter and edit if necessary. Then send it.)

If you happen to be a Republican, the next time they send you a postcard
announcing a "Lincoln Breakfast" or what-have-you, make sure you go.
Bring the subject up. Complain vociferously if they attempt to shut you
up. If they succeed in shutting you up, remember the editor of your local
paper.

If you happen to be a Democrat (or any other party), this is an excellent
opportunity to tell all your friends about how Stevens is out of touch and
wants to destroy the US technology industry so that Hollywood producers
can maintain their lifestyle at our expense.

(If you happen to actually work in Stevens' office and lurk on this list,
well I'd like the explanation I asked for back in September when I first
saw the SSSCA draft. I'd settle for an explanation of the Senator's
views posted to this list.)

Cheers,

James