Re: Fatal Server Error: no screens found

Subject: Re: Fatal Server Error: no screens found
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 18:15:35 AKST

Okay, hopefully the easy fix will work.. ;) (I apologize if this is too
obvious. Not sure if you mean 'first foray' as in first attempt at
Linux alltogether, or first attempt just at RedHat 7.2..)

Edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config file (or it might be XF86Config.4 - I
don't know which RedHat uses) using vi or emacs.

Somewhere in that file you you should have a line that says: 'Section
"Screen"' and then right underneath that should be a line that says
'DefaultDepth 32'. Change the 32 to 24 and try again, if that doesn't
work, try 16, then 8. If it still doesn't work, post or e-mail your
XF86Config file and maybe I or someone else can spot something..

Justin
www.enderakonline.com