Re: Using grub

Subject: Re: Using grub
From: Anthony Taylor (tonyt@ptialaska.net)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 12:23:25 AKST

I'd used Grub exclusively for quite a while, 'til I heard about the
animated LILO stuff. (Eye candy helps sell Linux. I've had a lot of
people comment about the animated boot screens.)

Technically, it is far superior to LILO, as you have a boot shell (good
for emergency recovery) and you don't have to re-run it when installing
a new kernel, as it understands the ext2 filesystem.

Anything I can help with?

                    - Tony