Re: differences between StarOffice and OpenOffice

Subject: Re: differences between StarOffice and OpenOffice
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 21:45:16 AKST

I've been using StarOffice 6.0 beta for a while now, and tried out
openoffice 641 the other day, but overall I like staroffice a bit
better. OpenOffice seemed a bit quirky with some things.. I probably
will stick with StarOffice beta for a while, and maybe pick up the pay
version when 6.1 or 7.0 comes around.. :)

Has anyone played with HancomOffice much? I tried their 2.0 demo a bit
back, but it seemed to be a little rough and crashy, but it looks like
it has very good potential. It's like $50 for the standard and $100 for
the pro version. It's made by an asian company (korean, i believe) and
it has a pretty big following in asia, so i'm hoping to see some big
improvements with it in the future...

Justin