Re: Sorry 'Bout That

Subject: Re: Sorry 'Bout That
From: Kirk McFadden (captkirk1767@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 17:56:53 AKST

Yeah tried that and it didn't work.

I really hate to have to reload the whole system.

When I try to log into failsafe mode i get a bad
display, only about half a window, and sometimes when
i do that I can't enter any commands either.

I can't get out of KDE without getting out of my
entire system.

Well it;s all part of the fun of it. I ain't gonna cut
and run at the first sign of trubble. I did find a
site devoted to people loading redhat onto Toshiba
7020ct laptops. Many success stories. One guy got his
lucent winmodem to run fine just by installing the
binary lucent driver, as an example.

Anyway thanks for the help. I do know for certain that
my xf86config needs proper setup, but the commands I
give the gui just won't 'take' in the xserver. IAlso i
tell it not to autoboot into KDE at startup and it
won't listen to me on that either.