Sreen Rez/X

Subject: Sreen Rez/X
From: Kirk McFadden (captkirk1767@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 19:46:01 AKST

Many thanx to Mike et al for help on my new install,
what a kick! back in the saddle....yeah!

right out of the gate, many apologees for a hideous
newbie problem/question....screen rez........

Running a Toshiba laptop dual booting, auto boot to
X/KDE dtop.

I can't launch the xconfigurator and all I can find in
the 'program menus' is the 'kickstart configurator'
tool, which will not allow me to select the pulldown
for any other screenrez settings.

If anyone happens to have any of the technical specs,
read, vertical/horizontal/bits...etc...settings that
might prove helpful it would be majorly appreciated
should that become necessary. Again; Toshiba Portege'
7020CT lapdog unit.

Also, god I hate asking such a stupid question; could
someone refresh me with the crashback command when you
want to crash back out of X to the command prompt? I'm
defaulted to boot into X and when I log out of it I
lof out of the whole world. Many many thanx in advance
for the help and tolerance.....captkrk