Re: athlon/agp issue. fixed or not?!?

Subject: Re: athlon/agp issue. fixed or not?!?
From: Clay Scott (mcfeelie@pobox.alaska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 12:15:55 AKST

so far i've tried adding append="mem=nopentium" to my lilo.conf,
compiling Memory Type Range Resistor support into my kernel as well as
removing agpgart support and still i get lockups. these are all of the
fixes i've been able to find mentioned online and here, but none seem to
work. i'm running an accelerated x server (NVdriver) so i can play
games, use opengl apps, etc and they seem to run fine, though if i run a
program that uses a lot of processor resources (i.e. seti@home), instant
lockup. aside from completely removing agp support and reverting to a
non-opengl/accelerated x server, i don't know of anything else i can
do...

clay