athlon/agp issue. fixed or not?!?

Subject: athlon/agp issue. fixed or not?!?
From: Clay Scott (mcfeelie@pobox.alaska.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 21:34:00 AKST

ok guys, this whole 'thing' between the athlon chip and the agp
implementation is pissing me off. ever since i installed my geforce3,
i've not been able to run seti@home without my system locking up. a time
or two it's locked up under q3a and soldier of fortune, but that's rare.
i assume it's because the gpu takes the load off of the processor. i was
told this was fixed in 2.4.17 and it obviously wasn't. now i've upgraded
to 2.4.18 and it locked up not 30 seconds after running seti@home.
removing agpgart support from the kernel makes everything kosher again,
but that kind of defeats the whole point of the 3d card. what is it i
have to do to get this fixed? everyone i talk to says "it was fixed in
this version. oh, it wasn't? well upgrade and it'll be fixed". now i've
got people saying to go to the 2.5.x series for the fix, but somehow i'm
doubting that'll do it. there's got to be someone else on the list with
2.4.17+ with a 3d card and agp support set up. i'd appreciate any help
on the matter...

thanks,
clay