Aklug Project.

Subject: Aklug Project.
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 14:30:26 AKST

Anyone open to hosting an AKLUG project?

I was thinking that there would be a few of us who would be interested in
using our new found knowledge in MySQL. However, all of us don't
necessarily have the time for doing everything ourselves.

My thought is that maybe we could put together a small project that would
let us all play with this MySQL stuff we have learned.

The project would be a simple database to track inventory of computers
(since most of us need to do this for one reason or another).

The person hosting the project would be the final authority on what gets
implemented or not and how/when/where access would be provided.

Here are some of the things I think you would need:

A computer to host the MySQL.
A firewall.
MyPHP admin or ssh access to the SQL database
A discussion board somewhere.
Procedures for allowing and revoking access (that way everyone knows what's
going on).

Anyone want to step up to the plate?

Mike