Re: Using Cassiopeia PDA with Linux (Another USB Question)

Subject: Re: Using Cassiopeia PDA with Linux (Another USB Question)
From: William Bouterse (bill@bouterse.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 20:37:13 AKST

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:40:34 -0500
"Mike Mellor" <mmellor1@engineer.com> wrote these words:

> Hello -
>
> I just got a Cassiopeia E-125 with a USB docking cradle that I want to be able to at least transer data from my Linux box, and at best transfer mail and files from my Linux box.
>
> Does anybody know how to do this? I have tried to mount the PDA as a usb-storage device and that didn't work. I am currently tranferring my files with my digital camera and physically moving the CF from device to device (it's my wife's camera so I need to find a better solution fast!).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

Have you considered a CF R/W USB device
I recently got a SmartMedia one that Linux supports
very well from http://omniflashproducts.com
They have ones for SM, CF and IBM microdrive....

Using Mandrake 8.x all the proper modules are loaded on boot...

At least the Reader/Writer would free-up your wife's camera !!?? :o)

William Bouterse
Talkeetna