Needed: help regarding a simple path statement for a ./configure

Subject: Needed: help regarding a simple path statement for a ./configure
From: henderson (mhen1@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:58:29 AKST

Help please :-)

I am missing something . . .

I would like to compile from the tarball Avifile.

In indicating in the configure I need to indicate qt libraries since
the autodetect does not recognise/find the qt libraries.

The libraries on Gentoo Linux live at:

/usr/qt/2/lib
/usr/qt/3/lib

in the configure statement qt libs are NOT found at:
> checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> checking for Qt... checking for main in -lqt-mt... no
> no
>
> *** WARNING: Could not find usable Qt on your system! If it _is_
installed,
> *** delete ./config.cache and re-run ./configure, specifying path to
> *** Qt headers and libraries in configure options. Also possible
reason
> *** could be you are trying to link Qt libraries compiled with
different
> *** compiler - Qt libraries compiled with different compiler then the
one
> *** used right now can't be linked TOGETHER - see ./config.log for
the reason
> *** Switching off compilation of Qt utilities.
>
> checking for jpeglib.h... yes
> checking for jpeg_start_compress in -ljpeg... yes
> checking for XF86DGAQueryExtension in -lXxf86dga... yes

Now my question --- How do I correctly enable the PATH to the libraries
in the config script:

> --enable-qt-prefixXXXXWHAT DO I PUT HERE???? build Qt
utils. [default=yes]

Thanks,

Fr. Benjamin