Re: SuSE and dsl

Subject: Re: SuSE and dsl
From: W.D.McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 10:23:17 AKST

I have run SuSE for awhile. 7.3 has a package named rp-pppoe, the
rpm for Roaring Penguin. Install this and use YaST1 to install the
NIC if is not already. Do not give it any IP address.

Next as root, start adsl-setup and input the username with domain,
password, NIC (either eth0 or eth1 usually), and DNS (should be
209.193.4.7 and 209.193.4.8).

No IP address is necessary. Then as root fireup the connection
by starting adsl-start .

Wala. Online.

Now set up a second NIC with NAT and have fun.

/Dee

PS. I responded to the original poster the day he posted.

--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)
(907)349-4308 (Office)