Re: Double Moniter

Subject: Re: Double Moniter
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 22:41:14 AKST

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, James Bagley Jr. wrote:

> Typically, laptops only have one *display*. You might be able to plug two
> screens into it, but they will display the same thing. If you had two
> video cards then you could do what you want. I've never seen a laptop
> with two video cards, but if you find one let me know. That would be
> pretty damn kewl (I can just imagine folding out a second LCD screen on my
> laptop). ;-)

My Toshiba Satellite has both a TV-out and a external HDB15 connector. It
allows you to either send the same output to all of them, or use the external
monitor jack as a dual-head display. Haven't gotten the dual-head portion of
it working under X yet (I'm not a big X user on it, anyway, given the LCD
resolution), but it works well under Windows.

And all with one video card. :-)

        --Arthur Corliss