RE: MSI SM-6340M v5

Subject: RE: MSI SM-6340M v5
From: Larry Collier (larry@medease.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 12:34:22 AKST

I like MSI motherboards -- I've come to use them almost exclusively. The
primary thing seems to be to always give them enough power. THey're the
first mb i've come across that reliably shares interrupts between the
onboard stuff and the pci slots. My home system is a 1.2 Ghz Tbird on a 300
watt p.s. and is running my nic on the same interrupt with all 3 USB "hubs"
on the motherboard. When I first got it, I went to the MSI site and read a
lot of horror stories and a couple of messages saying in essence "more
power, Scotty". When I followed that the problems went away.

Larry