Re: SMC NIC

Subject: Re: SMC NIC
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 21:03:11 AKST

I'd need to see it to be sure, but it sounds like an AUI (Attachment
Unit Interface) port. It's just an old ethernet connection that isn't
used much anymore. Some of our old boxes still have them. Even though
it's limited to 10mbit, I can put a tranceiver on it and hook it up to
our 10-baseT network.

A lot of the old combo cards had them, such as the 3Com 3c509's, along
with the RJ-45 and coax.

Anthony