Re: Lookin for a good deal.

Subject: Re: Lookin for a good deal.
From: Robert Swift (bswift@customcpu.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 05:41:47 AKST

<$0.02>
CompUSA probably has the largest single selection of parts but their prices
are always close to MSRP and the Sales people are uhhhhhh sales people.

Speednet has a pretty good following but I have not been there.

ACB used to have a reasonable selection of parts but their prices were high.

Custom CPU has a good variety of parts and probably the most knowledgable
sales people since they are all certified techs. I've heard some people
think they are jerks and have an attitude. My perception is they have more
actual technical expertise than all the other stores listed and can give you
very good advice concerning Mobo/CPU/Peripheral combos. They are in the
process of moving out of the current downtown location an into their new
building at 2701 Fairbanks (just off N. Lights, accross from Sears. Their
move should be completed by Monday.

You might want to peruse all the PC Mags and design your dream system then
see what kind of pricing you can get.
</$0.02>

~Bob