Re: Virus spread control

Subject: Re: Virus spread control
From: John Blagg (jblagg@ak.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 09:51:19 AKST

Not quite sure what to do for present version of sendmail, the sequence used
to be:

    1. stop server
    2. hunt down message pointers in outgoing queue
    3. delete above
    4. hunt down messages in mailstore
    5. delete above
    6. restart server and hope you haven't goofed.

Scripts have been built to deal with this, but I don't know if they have
been built into the later versions of sendmail or not.

Much easier to amend your Terms of Service to make the user responsible,
then charge by the byte. . . ;)

        Yours,
        John B.