Re: Reading a dos partition

Subject: Re: Reading a dos partition
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 08:30:16 AKST

Usually on a RedHat install on a dual boot box, rh makes a directory for
mounting your windows partition '/mnt/windows'. I not, put a
subdirectory under /mnt for it. 'mkdir /mnt/windows' or /mnt/nt or
whatever. You will need to be root to do this. mount it with 'mount -t
vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows', assuming windows is on hda1. You need to
be root here too.

Jim