Re: Reading a dos partition

Subject: Re: Reading a dos partition
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 19:41:02 AKST

Is /mnt/dev/hda1 a folder in your directory tree? If not, make a folder
somewhere where you want to mount the partition. (If you make your
folder somewhere else other than /mnt/dev/hda1, substitute the correct
path in the instructions below)

In the case you are describing below, you would do "mount -t vfat
/dev/hda1 /mnt/dev/hda1"

If the device isn't mounted, when you go to /mnt/dev/hda1, it will
appear to be just an empty directory. Also note that you "cd" to the
mount point (/mnt/dev/hda1), and not the device itself (/dev/hda1).

I use "vfat" for my windows filesystem type, but you may need to
substitute it with "ntfs" or "msdos", depending on your setup.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know and I'll try some more to get you
up and running. :)

Justin
www.enderakonline.com