Re: opening a port

Subject: Re: opening a port
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 13:01:47 AKST

Once you open a port, that's all you need to do. An service that uses that
port can now be accessed. You only need to list it in /etc/services if you
want to refer to it by its name. Even in xinetd, you can say a services is
unlisted, and give the port number; you don't have to list it in services.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks