Re: Average Cable Modem Usage ?

Subject: Re: Average Cable Modem Usage ?
From: Scott Johnson (sjohnson@akghetto.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 21:15:46 AKST

Umm... I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that if I have two cable
modems (both doubled up at 512/128) and connect them to the same coax, I'm
still only going to get 512k of service????

Because I had 2 Platinum cable modems (1.5Mbit/256Kbit each) and had them
both hooked up to my network and was able to download at 170Kbytes on one
computer and then on another (with a different default gateway) start
another download at 170Kbytes. In fact, I was even able to use download
accelerator along with a proxy server and download at over 300Kbytes/sec.

Scott