RE: Average Cable Modem Usage ?

Subject: RE: Average Cable Modem Usage ?
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 20:54:09 AKST

On 21 Jan 2002, Jim Gribbin wrote:
> And these people only have 1 ASC internet modem or device connected to
> the line. It doesn't say I cann't connect more than 1 device to that 1
> modem, just multiple devices to the line.
>
> Does GCI let you connect multiple cable modems to their line? Or are you
> using 1 cable modem with multiple devices connected to the modem (not
> the line).

Another note to this (besides the bridging issues) is that the bandwidth
is set at the head-end, not at the modem, so taking your 512k cable modem
and adding a second on gets you two modems with a total throughput of
512k. It does fix the 8-device issue, though, at least by adding another 8
to it :-)