Re: shutting down

Subject: Re: shutting down
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 14:25:31 AKST

Justin,

I cannot help with the auto shutdown, but I would like to offer another
suggestion.

If you convert your filesystems to a journaled filesystem, such as ext3 or
ReiserFS, you won't have to run an fsck if the filesystem isn't properly
unmounted. This makes it an ideal solution for a laptop!

Just a thought. . .

Anthony