shutting down

Subject: shutting down
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 00:00:59 AKST

Hello all. I was wondering if there was a way to have linux
automatically shut down after not being used for an amount of time, that
is not dependant on APM or ACPI? Like a screensaver, but instead of a
screensaver, it will shut down your computer.

APM or ACPI don't work with linux on here, so I have problems with my
laptop overheating when left on for long periods of time When it over
heats, the BIOS (i think) shuts down the computer. Unfortunately, the
BIOS of course isn't polite enough to unmount my partitions, etc, so
when I boot it back up, I have to go through the filesystem check every
time, or else I have to remember to shut down all the time, which is a
hassle.

Thanks,
Justin
enderak@yahoo.com