Re: how to make a machine into a headless box

Subject: Re: how to make a machine into a headless box
From: James Bagley Jr. (james@thelostnet.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 17:03:03 AKST

you could get a PCWeasel...

They are a serial card that pretends to be a video card. Basically, you
can plug a serial terminal into it and get into BIOS. It looks like a
video card to the os, but in the real world you can plug anything from a
null serial cable, to a modem, to a piece of wire into it and it'll work.
I have one of these in a server and it works pretty well.

http://www.realweasel.com/

--
Don't panic.