Re: IPChains

Subject: Re: IPChains
arthur@corlissfamily.org
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 02:00:01 AKST

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, The Alaskan Bear wrote:

> Ok, I am in a bit of a bind here. I have been trying to setup my webcam
> and I know that it won't run on my linux box. No problem there, I set it
> up on my gaming machine (Win98) which is routed through my linux box to the
> outside world. The problem I am running into, is that I am trying to set it
> up to do an Server Push to an external website.
> The ip that the external connect is trying to get to is 8888.
> So the camera is trying to push the data out from my windows computer port 8888
> to my linux box, and there is an external site trying to get that data from port
> 8888. Any suggestions, or did I just talk myself into a circle again? :}
>
> Thanks all

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need all incoming connections to the
firewall on port 8888 to get forwarded to the Windows box to serve the cam
shot, right? If so, then ip_masq_portfw is the module you're looking for, and
the rules are inserted via the ipmasqadm command. See the man pages for the
pertinent details.

        --Arthur Corliss