Success!

Subject: Success!
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 15:17:40 AKST

Hey all. Just thought I would share with you all that I _finally_ got
my USB working on my laptop! I found some news posts that said for these
notebooks, you have to add some lines to the
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/kernel/pci-irq.c file to get it to set the irq
for my USB from 9 to 11. So I just stuck those lines in there,
recompiled and made a boot floppy. I fixed my X config file, and now my
USB mouse works perfectly - scroll wheel and all. :)

Now I just need to get my usb palm crade and my usb radio to work with
linux and I'll be all set :)

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Justin
www.enderakonline.com