Forcing IRQ's

Subject: Forcing IRQ's
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 13:26:22 AKST

Hello all. I've been trying to get my USB to work on my laptop. I
think I found a fix, but I don't know how to do it. I found a page
about a laptop that is almost the same as mine other than different size
HD, etc that tells about a fix to get USB working. I was hoping maybe
someone out there would be able to help me out.

Here is what he says: "I got USB working under Linux! But I had to do
unholy things to the PCI IRQ setup code to get it to work. Basically,
you to forcibly change the USB PCI device's IRQ to be 11 instead of 9.
According to the ALI pIRQ router table, the USB device can -only be- IRQ
11. Why it works under windows (and shows up as IRQ 9) I have no idea."

All I get out of that is that I somehow need to force the USB's irq to
be 11 instead of 9. I have been looking around unsuccessfully about how
to go about doing this in Linux. I've tried to change the IRQ in Win98,
because from what i've been told sometimes the irq will "stick", but of
course Win98 thinks it knows better than it's user and won't let you
change it. So now i'm stuck - any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Justin Dieters
www.enderakonline.com